- Issue Time
The reason why bamboo cutting boards are popular among users is that they are not easy to shed chips and are more environmentally friendly than plastic cutting boards. This article will specifically introduce the precautions and maintenance methods of using bamboo cutting boards.
The bamboo cutting board is a kind of bamboo kitchen utensil, because of its special material, we need to pay attention to some problems in the process of use and maintenance. The newly purchased bamboo cutting board should be cleaned the first time it is used, and then there are some treatments to prevent mold and cracking of the cutting board in the later stage. The following are some precautions for use and maintenance.
Precautions for the use of bamboo cutting boards
1. After the bamboo cutting board is dry (make sure it is dry), drill a hole in the cutting board with a diameter of 5-10mm. Then find a small wooden strip and stuff it into the hole. Choose a softer material for the wooden strip, which is softer than the cutting board. Mainly to deal with the principle of thermal expansion and contraction.
2. Boil a pot of edible oil until the oil boils, then use it to pour the new bamboo cutting board, and process it evenly until the oil is in full contact with the bamboo cutting board.
3. After the oil has been drenched, wait for the oil to be absorbed by the cutting board and appear shiny, and then wash it off with water.
Maintenance of bamboo cutting boards
1. Use a bamboo cutting board for the first time, first rinse with clean water, dry it and smear the surface of bamboo cutting board with edible oil. After the edible oil is absorbed, it can be used normally. Remember, do not soak in water!
2. If you use it frequently, you can buy two cutting boards, and use raw and cooked meat separately to reduce the cross-growth of food bacteria.
3. After each use, the bamboo cutting board needs to be washed and dried, placed on the cutting board stand, and placed in a ventilated and dry place.
4. Bamboo cutting boards should not be exposed to the sun, steamed or soaked in water for a long time, and can not be placed in a disinfection cabinet for high-temperature disinfection; in addition, they should not be washed in a dishwasher.
5. Apply a layer of edible oil on the surface of the bamboo cutting board regularly to moisturize the bamboo fiber, so that it will last longer.
6. After long-term use, the bamboo cutting board is mixed with a fishy smell and other peculiar smells. You can use lemon and coarse salt to clean it.
7. In view of the difference in dryness and wetness between the north and the south, it is recommended that bamboo cutting boards be used in the north to keep them within a certain temperature to prevent cracking; bamboo cutting boards used in the south should be kept as dry as possible to avoid mold;
8. The bamboo cutting board has processed too greasy food, it is recommended to use hot water to continuously scrub to quickly remove the oil. Do not remember to use pot brushes.
9. If there are mildew spots on the bamboo cutting board, you can blend the white vinegar in a ratio of 1:2, and after boiling, use it to soak the mildew spots, or apply it directly to the mildew spots, and then apply a layer of cooking oil after drying.
As an eco-friendly product, bamboo cutting boards are now widely loved by everyone. Of course, if you buy a high-quality bamboo cutting board and carefully clean and maintain it, you can greatly reduce the mold and cracking of the bamboo cutting board.
As a professional supplier of bamboo tableware, we have more than 30 years of manufacturing experience. We are committed to bringing customers natural, healthy, and ecological eating habits. If you want to buy high-quality bamboo tableware, please contact us immediately!